Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Update on Patterns: Mistakes found!

While I was translating the Classic Sami Doll Pattern, I found a few little mistakes that escaped my attention during the first felt 10 000 proof reading sessions ;)

  • For the 8" dress skirt pattern piece, the measurements should be 11 x 65 cm (I copied and pasted the 12" measurements and forgot to change the measurements)
  • For the 10" dress skirt pattern piece, the measurements should be 12 x 75 cm. You can, of course, always make the skirt part longer or shorter, depending on the look you are going for.
  • In the 20" pattern pieces, the bloomers pattern needs to be assembled from 2 pieces and in the top part of the bloomers pattern piece, it says to connect the top bloomers piece to the 15" bottom piece. It should instead say "to the 20" pattern piece" (again, I copied and pasted from the 15" pattern and forgot to change the 15 into a 20)
  • In the shoe crochet directions, it says, in several places, to crochet into every stitch of the round. Every round should be finished with a slip stitch. I did not add this, as I thought it was implied. But better to be clear in the instructions, right?


Please forgive me for these oversights.

Anyone who has purchased the pattern already and wants the updated version, please send me an email to samisdolls@gmail.com with your receipt attached, and I'll send it to you.

Thank you

Theresa xx